Skip to main content

#DINEWITHME: MANGKORN SEAFOOD | DIN DAENG (BANGKOK)

399 Bath to satisfy that craving for BBQ Seafood? Gosh...you must be kidding me!

Popular among the locals, MANGKORN SEAFOOD Restaurant is a heaven for all seafood lovers. Located in Din Daeng area, this restaurant offers All-You-Can-Eat Seafood BBQ including drinks for only 399 bath per person! Crack the crabs or shell the prawns as many as you can for up to 1 hour 45 minutes. One thing, beer aren't FREE FLOW now! Opsss...


To get here, the best way is to take a taxi ride from the nearest Huai Khwang MRT Station or direct from your destination. If you wanted to give a try by walking to the restaurant, be ready, it's going to be a painful job. I almost lost my breath being a dare devil trying to be "adventurous" that day..haha..

The crowds were already crazy when the time I arrived, around 8.30pm local time. We have to wait for a good 15 minutes before the next table is available. Smoking hot with no air-conditioner, MANGKORN SEAFOOD uses charcoal fire at each table to BBQ the food.



For 399 bath, you can choose from a variety types of seafood such as crabs, fresh river prawns, squids, mussels, fish, scallops, oysters, bamboo clams or seasoned meat. The seafood is replenished consistently when stock is low. So don't be greedy. Everyone will get to enjoy. Unfinished food will be charged 100 bath per person. 







Tiger prawns

Mussels and Snails


Oysters and Fish




One thing that caught my attention is the Make-Your-Own Som Tum station. Customers will have to make their own with the fresh ingredients provided with no recipe. It was fun to make one, so I whipped up my own plate of Salted Crab Thai Salad (Som Tum Thai Pboo) after observing how the local Thai lady makes one. 

Make-Your-Own Som Tum station


Hugeeeee crab! Aroi mak mak!

Seafood bbq-ed over charcoal fire

Juicy large squid..yummy!

Giant cockles! Gosh...


Fresh River Prawns - Larger than my hands!



To dine like a local at a local's favourite here in Bangkok was an incredible experience. I had a good time dining at MANGKORN SEAFOOD. Despite the heat and the after smell, the seafood here is nonetheless worth the visit. 

#michiebillie #mangkornseafood #BBQSeafoodBuffet #399bathonly #seafood #cheap #delicious #eatlikealocal #bangkok #crab #prawns #squid 
__

MANGKORN SEAFOOD | DIN DAENG (BANGKOK)

Address: 
1394, Soi Prachasongkhro 21,
Prachasongkhro Road, Dindaeng, 
Bangkok, Thailand.

Thai address: 
1394 ตรงข้าม .ประชาสงเคราะห์ 21 เข้าทางตลาดห้วยขวาง, เขตดินแดง, กรุงเทพฯ

Tel: 6683 0966379
Opening Hours: 4:00pm - 4:00am
MRT Station: Huai Khwang, Exit 3 (Then, take a taxi to Mangkorn Seafood)

Photo from Mungkorn Seafoods Facebook page





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai

#CHILLWITHME: MANTRA BAR & LOUNGE | BANGSAR VILLAGE II (KL)

The city's newest rooftop bar that boasts an alfresco deck with panoramic views surrounding neighbourhood and a long bar that commands your views as you walk in. MANTRA BAR & LOUNGE is the latest addition to the  casual place for one to drop by and unwind without pretension, sitting atop of Bangsar Village II .  Drawing inspiration from his years abroad in the United States, the mastermind behind the latest hot spot,  founder Jing Ng and partner Warren Saw, also his childhood friend, gives Bangsar folks a reason to rejoice. MANTRA BAR & LOUNGE  consist of both indoor and outdoor, where you can chill and lounge about with your glass of cocktail or unwinding after a long day's work. The bar is modern in design and has a cozy environment that is warm and inviting. The interior incorporated plenty of intimate alcoves, and with plush sofas, high stools as well as large beds at the balcony. To get to the bar, take the middle two lifts in Bangsar Village. MANTR