Skip to main content

#DINEWITHME - KANG KAO SEAFOOD, KUALA SEPETANG (TAIPING, PERAK)

It's a hot sunny day today. 

Since everyone are free, we decided to make a trip to Kuala Sepetang. Our first destination starts from the fish market since dad wanted to grab some fresh catch from the fisherman's boat. Meantime as it's already lunch hour, we make a stop at the local restaurant for seafood.


Opened in 2012, KANG KAO SEAFOOD operates as a Pork Free restaurant at the Eco-Friendly fishing village town of Kuala Sepetang. Feeling amazed at the eagle sculpture on the building's rooftop, it is so huge that you can see it even from far. Outside the restaurant, you can see trays and trays of salted fish being dried under the sun. The smell is rather unpleasant, but if you never see before how salted fish are being made, here's a place you can experience it with your own eyes.

If you wanted to take home some seafood, it's also available here. The local supplier offers variety fresh and also frozen seafood such as scallops, mussels, oysters and also fishes.



Watch my journey on YouTube!


KANG KAO SEAFOOD is located at the 1st floor of the building. But if you are a fan of Thai cuisine, a Thai restaurant is available on the Ground Floor. 

Take the stairs to Kang Kao Seafood


Interior

Upon walking up to the restaurant, the sea welcomes you in with a magnificent fishing village view. You can watch fishing boats passing by while dining at KANG KAO SEAFOOD

Besides than that, you can also book a tour here to catch the fire flies in action via boat. Tickets are available at the counter (Ground floor). For information, here are some contact numbers you may want to call for.









Boat tour jetty







What's available here at KANG KAO SEAFOOD? Let's check out the menu!

Before placing any order, do check on the prices as all the item listed on the menu are without pricing in order to prevent unwanted scenario when paying




































Since it's our first time here, we decided to order fish, prawns, crabs, lala and vegetables to try out

Fragrant Coconut


Steamed Lala

I am not a big fan of this steamed lala. The lala is meatless and they poured over Thai chili sauce (bottled type where you can get from supermarket) and steam. Nothing fancy.


Drunken Prawns

As for the Drunken prawns which are highly recommended by the waitress, it's too salty for my preference. 

Steamed Pomfret 


Buttermilk Crabs

The crab is meatless, small and watery. Meanwhile, sauce is not thick enough to coat the crab and it thinned out when the crab produces water.




Panorama view from the restaurant


Dining experience here overall is nothing special, seafood tasted average and price for a lunch of 6 persons cost approximately RM360 (for Drunken prawns, Steamed Pomfret, Fried Fish, Steamed Lala, Buttermilk Crab, Kam Heong Crab, Loh Hon Vegetables, Rice, Chinese Tea, Herbal Tea & Coconuts).

I advised you NOT TO ORDER the Loh Hon Vegetables as it taste awful. Even if it's free, I would not want to touch it.

__

*FREE WIFI*

KANG KAO SEAFOOD, KUALA SEPETANG
Website

Address: 151-A3, River Side (Kuala Sepetang), 34560 Taiping, Perak.

Tel: +605- 858 1335
Business hours: 11.30am - 10.30pm (7 days a week)

Foursquare
Facebook




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#michiekitchen - WHOLE TOMATO RICE (SALMON & NORI)

Hey guys! Are you planning to try out the Whole Tomato Rice this weekend?  Let's tweak a lil' on the recipe and go Japanese - if you are a fan of Salmon & Nori ! This recipe that I'm gonna show you is so simple yet taste so good and, full of nutrition too :) 7 Health Benefits of Salmon, click here :  http://www.chatelaine.com/health/diet/seven-health-benefits-of-salmon-and-a-vitamin-rich-summer-recipe/ INGREDIENTS: (Serves 6- 8 person) 3 blocks of Fresh Salmon  Shredded Nori sheets (preferable those with sesame seeds) 1 piece fresh tomato (Large) - remove the stems 3 small cups of rice  Water (to cook rice)  * Reduce a ladle of the water amount - Tomato produces water when it cooks * SEASONINGS: Extra Virgin Olive oil Salt & Black pepper (to taste) - Reduce the salt, as Nori is salty HOW TO COOK: 1. Put rice, water, tomato & all the seasonings to the rice cooker and cook.  2. When the rice is ready, smashed the

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai