Skip to main content

#TRAVELWITHME - ONE DAY TOUR (IPOH, PERAK)

" A great day is usually unplanned, random and spontaneous "

How often do you come across the moment when you hop into the car and drive out of town for a one day trip? Sounds crazy? Nah..I bet everyone did that before. This round, let's do a marathon at my hometown, #Ipoh. Check out how many pit stops we can actually make in one day!

It's gonna be a long hectic day for this marathon trip and what you need is an extreme driver with full power from the beginning till the end. Well, of course you can shift driver but I bet everyone will be sleeping in the car by end of the journey. My friends and I decided to go all the way with just minimal rest time the entire journey. Read on for trip details.


6.00 am - Journey begun from KL to Ipoh 
8.00 am - Reached Ipoh safely

Pit stop #1: MING COURT HONG KONG DIMSUM
Address: 32 - 36, Jalan Leong Sin Nam, 30300 Ipoh, Perak.
Tel: +605- 255 7134

Google+

The moment we walked in, it's crowded and pack! People are waiting at every table just to get their seat. Most of them are like giving you a signal of "Hurry. Finish up your food and gimme your seat!". Some are sharing tables with others. Nevertheless, the dim sum here is good especially the "har gao". 

After filling up our stomach, we then proceed to the next stop.


Early breakfast at Ming Kok Hong Kong Dim Sum


The team members


Pit stop #2: KEDAI KOPI SUN YUAN LOONG
(Pasir Puteh area, away from old town)
Address: Corner shop - Medan Bendahara 2, 31650 Ipoh, Perak.

#Coffee break! 

SUN YUAN LOONG is the sibling outlet of Sin Yoon Loong in old town. As we do not want to squeeze with people, we decided to have our drinks here instead. This coffee shop is also crowded inside and outside in the morning. 





After our coffee , we hop on to the car and make our way to next stop. 



Pit stop #3: KELLIE'S CASTLE 
(Opening hours: 9.00am - 6.00pm)

More info

Admission Fee: 
* RM 5 (Foreigner)
* RM 4 (Adult)
* RM 3 (Secondary school students)
* RM 2 (Primary school students)
* FREE (Child aged 6 and below)









Yes, some crazy pose I had there ..LOL
















*DO NOT DISTURB MODE* Phone break

After taking a sun bath under the hot weather, we continued our journey.


Pit stop #4: HERITAGE HOUSE MUSEUM GOPENG
(Free Admission)
Address: 6, Jalan Sg. Itek, 31600 Gopeng, Perak.

Opening hours: 9.00am - 3.00pm (Sat & Sun only)


Recaptured the simple lives of the people of Gopeng some 125 years ago. 













My barber of the day!




Rain coat




Pit stop #5: GAHARU TEA VALLEY, GOPENG
Address: Lot 9840, Mukim Teja, 31600 Gopeng, Perak.
Tel: +605- 3511 999
Open Daily: 9.00am - 6.00pm

Stopped by Gaharu Tea Valley for some Gaharu Ice-Cream and tea. For more information on Gaharu Tea Valley, read my previous blog here










Pit stop #6: ADELINE VILLA, GOPENG
Address: Lot 13302, Mukim Teja, Kampung Geruntum, Sungai Itik, 31600 Gopeng, Perak.
Tel: +6019- 556 1113

We stopped at Adeline Villa to catch some fresh air and taste the nature.





















Pit stop #7: GOPENG RAINFOREST RESORT
Address: Kampung Geruntum, 31600 Gopeng, Perak.
Tel: +6012- 5168 200 / +6012- 5107 555














"Bodyguards" armed with wood sticks 
To avoid bumping with wild animals -
















Hunting for dragonflies








You've been working so hard, Mazda! 


Pit stop #8: TG. TUALANG 

Lunch time! 
We can eat the whole cow..so hungry

Seafood for lunch. The prawns are very fresh.









After the sumptuous meal, we walked opposite to grab a cold icy drink. There are two version of jelly sold here - with lime juice & coconut milk. I love the jelly so much, I don't know why. 







Pit stop #9: LOU WONG NGA CHOY KAI 
Address: 49, Jalan Yau Tet Shin, 30000 Ipoh, Perak.
Tel: +605- 254 4190


Enjoy a bowl of delicious Hor Fun, crunchy bean sprouts, succulent steamed chicken and pork balls. 







Pit stop #10: HENTIAN LIMAU TAMBUN
Address: Jalan Gopeng, 31350 Ipoh, Perak.


For souvenir, here's the place to grab some pomelo. 







Pit stop #11: YEE THYE CAKE HOUSE & CONFECTIONERY
Address: No. 1-3, Jalan Theatre, 30300 Ipoh, Perak.

Dropped by this place for biscuits and 3 in 1 coffee. 







Pit stop #12: RESTAURANT TUCK KEE
Read more here

As for supper, he had crunchy bean sprouts, octopus, braised chicken feets and the famous "yuet kong hor".







That's the end of our marathon journey. It was already 11.00pm by the time we left Ipoh. The whole trip was tiring but yet happy. Home sweet home around 1.00am and knocked off to the bed.


#michiebillie #MarathonTrip #OneDayTrip #Ipoh #Perak #FoodHeaven





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#michiekitchen - WHOLE TOMATO RICE (SALMON & NORI)

Hey guys! Are you planning to try out the Whole Tomato Rice this weekend?  Let's tweak a lil' on the recipe and go Japanese - if you are a fan of Salmon & Nori ! This recipe that I'm gonna show you is so simple yet taste so good and, full of nutrition too :) 7 Health Benefits of Salmon, click here :  http://www.chatelaine.com/health/diet/seven-health-benefits-of-salmon-and-a-vitamin-rich-summer-recipe/ INGREDIENTS: (Serves 6- 8 person) 3 blocks of Fresh Salmon  Shredded Nori sheets (preferable those with sesame seeds) 1 piece fresh tomato (Large) - remove the stems 3 small cups of rice  Water (to cook rice)  * Reduce a ladle of the water amount - Tomato produces water when it cooks * SEASONINGS: Extra Virgin Olive oil Salt & Black pepper (to taste) - Reduce the salt, as Nori is salty HOW TO COOK: 1. Put rice, water, tomato & all the seasonings to the rice cooker and cook.  2. When the rice is ready, smashed the

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai