Skip to main content

#DINE WITH ME - TUCK KEE RESTAURANT, IPOH

" I'm so hungry! "
" Didn't you just ate? "  
" Yea...so? "  
Ipoh has always been a place for good food. Whenever there's a long holiday, Ipoh is usually flooded with tourists and food hunters. People are around the corners of every streets especially at those famous food stalls or restaurants.

I'm back home again for this festive season! What else to do than to go and join the tourist crowd? Dinner's today is just another mission. 

Reached Tuck Kee Restaurant around 8.00pm and the place is already flooded with patrons; some seated while waiting for their food to be served, some are waiting for their seats and some are wondering around the street to decide whether to wait or to leave the restaurant.


With business operating for more than 40 years, Tuck Kee is a well established restaurant specializing in "Dai Chao". It's popularity is growing over decades and still one of the place that serves the best stir fry noodles in town, left alone the rest of the side dishes in their menu. After a long queue approximately 30 minutes, we finally managed to get our seat. 



Tuck Kee's Menu

One could never miss ordering their Braised Chicken Feet. Delicious tender chicken feet braised with soy sauce and spices is a must try!

Braised Chicken Feet (Medium) 
Small - RM 5
Medium - RM 7
Large - RM 10


Second best thing - Ipoh's Bean Sprouts! So fresh and crunchy. Yummy..

Bean Sprouts 
Small - RM 3
Medium - RM 4
Large - RM 5


The most wanted and also my all time favorite - Baby Octopus in Soy Sauce. Steamed octopus with soy sauce served with their own made chili sauce. It's so delicious. 

Baby Octopus in Soy Sauce (RM 12) 
(Only one size available) 



Hokkien Fried Hor Fun 
Small - RM 6
Medium - RM 11
Large - RM 14



As for drinks, if you are seated at Tan Ngan Lo herbal tea shop beside Tuck Kee you'll need to order your drinks from this shop. They have quite a number of drinks & desserts in their menu to choose from, don't be surprised! This included Deep Fried Chicken Wings which is their new addition to the menu. Yes, fried chicken wings are available at herbal shop. You did not read wrongly. 


Tan Ngan Lo with plum 
Hot - RM 2.80 
Cold - RM 3.00



TUCK KEE RESTAURANT
No. 61, Jalan Yau Tet Shin,
30300 Ipoh, Perak.
Tel: +605-253 7513

(Same row as Lou Wong Tauge Ayam)

#TuckKeeIpoh #TanNganLoIpoh #HerbalTea #Ipoh #Foodilicious #michiebillie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#michiekitchen - WHOLE TOMATO RICE (SALMON & NORI)

Hey guys! Are you planning to try out the Whole Tomato Rice this weekend?  Let's tweak a lil' on the recipe and go Japanese - if you are a fan of Salmon & Nori ! This recipe that I'm gonna show you is so simple yet taste so good and, full of nutrition too :) 7 Health Benefits of Salmon, click here :  http://www.chatelaine.com/health/diet/seven-health-benefits-of-salmon-and-a-vitamin-rich-summer-recipe/ INGREDIENTS: (Serves 6- 8 person) 3 blocks of Fresh Salmon  Shredded Nori sheets (preferable those with sesame seeds) 1 piece fresh tomato (Large) - remove the stems 3 small cups of rice  Water (to cook rice)  * Reduce a ladle of the water amount - Tomato produces water when it cooks * SEASONINGS: Extra Virgin Olive oil Salt & Black pepper (to taste) - Reduce the salt, as Nori is salty HOW TO COOK: 1. Put rice, water, tomato & all the seasonings to the rice cooker and cook.  2. When the rice is ready, smashed the

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai