Skip to main content

#DINE WITH ME - PAK KONG CHICKEN RICE, IPOH

Hunting for some delicious Hainanese #ChickenRice around Ipoh? Let's check out this restaurant - PAK KONG CHICKEN RICE. Located just right opposite the famous Aun Kheng Lim Salted Chicken street, this shop is in between Eastern Wine and Rasa Sayang Chicken Rice with a busy bus stop before turning in. A small humble old shop that serves great food.


The crowd is normally busy especially during lunch hours. Due to the small shop area, tables are placed very near to each other. So, please expect someone banging on your chair while dining or mind your head as some might knock your head with their handbag while they are leaving the place...haha.. 

Panorama view of the restaurant






Once seated, you are advised to wait patiently for the waiter to come and place an order for you. Although it might seemed a lil' too busy for them to remember your table, but trust me they do!

Enough time for you to take some #Selfie ..LOL


After ordering, you'll be served with a complimentary bowl of hot salted vegetable soup. This is extremely classic as the soup menu will not change over the years. 


Salted vegetable soup
Simple..but nice :)


Mixed intestines in Soy sauce and sesame oil


Oiled Rice


Poached Chicken


Chili Sauce

Besides than poached chicken, they also have the roasted ones. BBQ Pork or Char Siew is available too. Side dishes includes Acar, Curry Eggs, Japanese Beancurd in Soy sauce & Shallots, Spicy Sambal Petai and Spicy & Sour Kai Choy or known as "Choy Geok" .

Be early for lunch to avoid queue as they only operate a few hours from 11.00am. 

Lunch today costs RM 30++ included 2 herbal tea + 1 hot Chinese tea (serves 3)


RESTORAN NASI AYAM PAK KONG 
Address: 27, Jalan Theatre, 30300 Ipoh, Perak.

(In between Eastern Wine and Rasa Sayang Chicken Rice)


#ChickenRice #Ipoh #PakKong #HainaneseChickenRice #michiebillie



Comments

  1. If you're wanting Fried Chicken, a PDQ restaurant is the perfect place to go. Because of its juicy, fresh structure, PDQ chicken has many lovers. By browsing their menu, you may make a quick and cost-effective pick. The cuisine is fresh and made from scratch. You may enjoy your celebrations with the PDQ catering service.menu pdq

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#michiekitchen - WHOLE TOMATO RICE (SALMON & NORI)

Hey guys! Are you planning to try out the Whole Tomato Rice this weekend?  Let's tweak a lil' on the recipe and go Japanese - if you are a fan of Salmon & Nori ! This recipe that I'm gonna show you is so simple yet taste so good and, full of nutrition too :) 7 Health Benefits of Salmon, click here :  http://www.chatelaine.com/health/diet/seven-health-benefits-of-salmon-and-a-vitamin-rich-summer-recipe/ INGREDIENTS: (Serves 6- 8 person) 3 blocks of Fresh Salmon  Shredded Nori sheets (preferable those with sesame seeds) 1 piece fresh tomato (Large) - remove the stems 3 small cups of rice  Water (to cook rice)  * Reduce a ladle of the water amount - Tomato produces water when it cooks * SEASONINGS: Extra Virgin Olive oil Salt & Black pepper (to taste) - Reduce the salt, as Nori is salty HOW TO COOK: 1. Put rice, water, tomato & all the seasonings to the rice cooker and cook.  2. When the rice is ready, smashed the

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai