Skip to main content

#CHILLWITHME: MIDSUMMER NIGHT CAFE | OVERSEAS UNION GARDEN (KL)

An art teacher, an editor at an entertainment magazine, a lecturer at a local college, well-versed in food photography, had wrote a lot of movie reviews for various magazines since 1997 and knows magic. This talented guy not other than the cafe's owner, Mr. Jon Dep. (No, not the Johnny Depp you're thinking about.) 

MIDSUMMER NIGHT CAFE is an unique cafe runs with its very own style by the passionate advertising graduate. Almost hidden and opens only at night during weekdays, the cafe is located above an auto workshop on the first floor. If you're looking for that evening brew on a quiet night, this cafe may fit in to the bucket lists. 



It's truly an adventure to uncover the cafe itself. Each and every corners are packed with a "wow" factor. The cafe is fully furnished with tables and chairs made from recycled wood and MARVEL-Themed decoration for this season. Hidden inside is an Art Room, set for customers to draw or paint when patronizing here. 











A pair of Incredible Hulk fists









MIDSUMMER NIGHT CAFE menu offers simple meals such as Japanese Onsen Egg Rice, Snacks & Cakes and beverages with endearing names. The Japanese Onsen Egg rice here was created by the owner himself which he inspired from the rice bowl he had at a Yakitori bar, Maruhi Sakaba. The dish include bonito flakes, sesame seeds, seaweed, vegetarian floss made from dehydrated mung beans and minced pork. I didn't get to try the Onsen Egg rice because the whole group went for lunch at another eatery earlier on. Still very full, I have to hold the order till my next visit.






Your order will be taken at the beverage bar and once payment is made, you may return to the seat while waiting for your coffee to be served.

Artsy eggshell at the ordering counter

Besides than having a peaceful mind while sipping on that cup of coffee, MIDSUMMER NIGHT CAFE also provides interesting materials to read on. Marvel comic lovers, you'll gonna love this one - The Amazing Spider-Man, my pick. If you're lucky enough, you may have the chance to watch magic show performed by the owner. 


I am more to a milky and not plain coffee kind of person. In very rare cases you'll see me sipping that cup of Black coffee. As a person who believes in dream, the beverage "Dream" catches my attention. It's a coffee served with coffee ice cubes, ice coffee, fresh milk, gula melaka and a very delicious piece of butter cookie.

Dream (RM 15)
(Coffee Ice cubes, Ice Coffee, Fresh Milk, Gula Melaka & Butter Cookies)




Oh no..The butter cookie is so delicious!


Pineapple Coffee (RM12) 
with Pineapple Ice cubes

A very refreshing touch of pineapple taste in the cold coffee. 

Ice V60 (RM 13)
Hand brew coffee + Normal Ice cubes

Chilling together with me that day was a best friend of mine - A guy whom prefer very very strong coffee. Not an ordinary cafe can cater to his liking, I'm serious - no joke! He drink coffee more than water, daily. 

When he first tasted the coffee, he said the coffee is not strong at all despite he requested for a STRONG one. The owner immediately returned the pot of coffee and re-brewed another. 

There's one thing that I would like to compliment the cafe's owner. He is a gentleman with lots of patience. Despite changing the brewed coffee multiple times to suit my friend's preference, he never hesitate and say NO but instead re-roast the beans and re-brew a new pot for him. 

One special brew by the boss
Very very strong coffee!

This cafe is definitely worth a visit. It's crowd-free, peaceful and creative atmosphere. MIDSUMMER NIGHT CAFE is definitely worth a visit over a quiet talk or gathering.

Till then. See you on my next blog! 


* BishhhhHHhh **


#michiebillie #midsummernightcafe #kl #cafe #marvelheroes #hulk #coffee #pineapplecoffee #handdrip #magicshow 
__

MIDSUMMER NIGHT CAFE 
Facebook
36A, Jalan Awan Hijau, 
Overseas Union Garden, 
58200 Kuala Lumpur. 
Tel: +603-7971 2345

Opening hours:
7.00pm - 12.00am (Tuesday - Friday)
3.00pm - 12.00am (Saturday - Sunday)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#michiekitchen - WHOLE TOMATO RICE (SALMON & NORI)

Hey guys! Are you planning to try out the Whole Tomato Rice this weekend?  Let's tweak a lil' on the recipe and go Japanese - if you are a fan of Salmon & Nori ! This recipe that I'm gonna show you is so simple yet taste so good and, full of nutrition too :) 7 Health Benefits of Salmon, click here :  http://www.chatelaine.com/health/diet/seven-health-benefits-of-salmon-and-a-vitamin-rich-summer-recipe/ INGREDIENTS: (Serves 6- 8 person) 3 blocks of Fresh Salmon  Shredded Nori sheets (preferable those with sesame seeds) 1 piece fresh tomato (Large) - remove the stems 3 small cups of rice  Water (to cook rice)  * Reduce a ladle of the water amount - Tomato produces water when it cooks * SEASONINGS: Extra Virgin Olive oil Salt & Black pepper (to taste) - Reduce the salt, as Nori is salty HOW TO COOK: 1. Put rice, water, tomato & all the seasonings to the rice cooker and cook.  2. When the rice is ready, smashed the

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai