Skip to main content

#DINEWITHME: MANMARU ROBATAYAKI & BAR | ATRIA DAMANSARA (PJ)

Excellent taste and big in presentation! 

I've found another interesting place for awesome Japanese cuisine - MANMARU ROBATAYAKI & BAR. Located in the revamped Atria Shopping Gallery, this restaurant is one of the latest outlet of the MANMARU family. While the original outlet in Midvalley specializes in Udon, this new outlet highlights Japanese robatayaki with a twist of modern Japanese & Italian touch. 












MANMARU ROBATAYAKI & BAR offers an impressive menu, crafted beautifully by the Executive Chef Danny Leow whom has more than 15 years of skills at some of Kuala Lumpur's top Japanese restaurants including Yuzu and Ozeki Tokyo; to name a few. 

Recognized by Malaysia International Gourmet Festival 2012 
as one of the finest Chef in Malaysia, Chef Danny Leow



Hot Ocha (RM 3/pax)

For those who love steamed eggs, here's a luxury version to try out - Hotate Chawan Mushi. Soft and savory in taste, the egg custard is beautifully paired with seared scallop, black caviar, salmon roes , olives and caperberry. I like the "surprises" when the huge salmon roes popped in my mouth. It's a comfort food that no one can resist, unless you are not a fan of roes or caviar. 

Hotate Chawan Mushi (RM 30)
Modern Style Steamed Egg Custard with Scallop
(Served within 20 minutes)


Craving for a bowl of hot soup, we decided to order the Beef Sukiyaki. A dish prepared with vegetables, mushrooms & beef slices in broth and then boil over high heat. In order not to overcook the beef, I transferred the raw meat into another bowl and cook it separately - slice by slice. 

Sukiyaki - Beef (RM 42)

If dipping the cooked beef and vegetable in raw egg sounds gross, it's actually not! In Japan, they normally eat it that way. The strong Sukiyaki flavor gets mild with egg, and at the same time the egg flavor enhances Sukiyaki taste. It reduces half the heat too!

Raw egg dip

Still on a lobster marathon after my amazing dinner at Pince & Pints, I just can't get enough with it. This time, I had my lobster in a Japanese version. Not an ordinary maki rolls, the Lobsters Roll at MANMARU is packed with flavors - sweet lobster meat, mango, salmon roe, masago and cucumber. Salty and sweet at the same time, each and every bite is generous with ingredients. 

Lobsters Roll (RM 88)
Lobster, Mango, Cucumber, Salmon Roe topped with Flying Fish Roe
(Served within 20 minutes)





It's huge...just like a dragon!





Left: Lobsters Roll ; Right: Sashimi


The highlight dish for the night would be Sashimi varieties of the season. I did not make the decision on what fish to have (although you can choose, of course). The waiter suggested us to have fish of the day, and we went for it. The Sashimi platter was immaculately presented and the fish were really fresh! Each cut is premium and full with oceanic sweetness. I had the whole platter all by myself, I'm not joking! 

3 Types Sashimi (RM 68)
 Houbo Fish Sashimi (RM 95)

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Houbo Fish Sashimi (RM 95)

Extremely fresh! 




We ended our dinner with the last dish - Grilled Renkodai. The fish meat is so sweet and fresh! It was carefully grilled to perfection; creates a crispy skin and juicy meat inside. Fret not about bones! The renkodai has zero bones in it - awesome! But of course, there's a price to pay for such a dish. 



 Renkodai /連子鯛  - Grilled (RM 150)

I had a pleasant dining experience here at MANMARU ROBATAYAKI & BAR. Price tags are on a higher side but it's worth paying for the quality food and amazing presentation. 



#michiebillie #manmaru #robatayaki #freshsashimi #japanesefood #sukiyaki #lobsterroll #atriashoppinggallery #atriadamansara #PJ

__

MANMARU ROBATAYAKI & BAR | ATRIA DAMANSARA (PJ)
Facebook
G26, Ground Floor, 
Atria Damansara, Jalan SS22/23, 
Damansara Jaya,
47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Tel: +603- 7733 1038 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#michiekitchen - WHOLE TOMATO RICE (SALMON & NORI)

Hey guys! Are you planning to try out the Whole Tomato Rice this weekend?  Let's tweak a lil' on the recipe and go Japanese - if you are a fan of Salmon & Nori ! This recipe that I'm gonna show you is so simple yet taste so good and, full of nutrition too :) 7 Health Benefits of Salmon, click here :  http://www.chatelaine.com/health/diet/seven-health-benefits-of-salmon-and-a-vitamin-rich-summer-recipe/ INGREDIENTS: (Serves 6- 8 person) 3 blocks of Fresh Salmon  Shredded Nori sheets (preferable those with sesame seeds) 1 piece fresh tomato (Large) - remove the stems 3 small cups of rice  Water (to cook rice)  * Reduce a ladle of the water amount - Tomato produces water when it cooks * SEASONINGS: Extra Virgin Olive oil Salt & Black pepper (to taste) - Reduce the salt, as Nori is salty HOW TO COOK: 1. Put rice, water, tomato & all the seasonings to the rice cooker and cook.  2. When the rice is ready, smashed the

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai