Skip to main content

#DINEWITHME: ARIRANG KOREAN BBQ & CAFE, BANDAR SUNWAY (KL)

What's new in Bandar Sunway?

Hello Korean food lovers! If you love Korean food like I do, here's a new restaurant you might want to try out if you are around in Sunway Pyramid.

Owned by a friend of mine, the same owner whom runs JU PANG CHARCOAL KOREAN BBQ (Federal Hotel) , MIGAK KOREAN BARBECUE (Pavillion, KL), BRUSSEL'S CAFE (Setiawalk) and business partner of SOJU BAR (Pavillion, KL), SOJU (KL) & SOJU (Sunway)ARIRANG KOREAN BBQ & CAFE is the latest label in addition to the big family. Located next to Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, you can easily spot the restaurant from the main road after passing Pyramid Tower Hotel. The restaurant is situated right below the BRT Sunway Line (Sunway Lagoon station). 




The man behind the curtain, Stephen Tan




The interior

The ambiance is very inviting with a modern and cozy interior. ARIRANG KOREAN BBQ & CAFE is extremely spacious and consists of two VIP Rooms. Besides than serving walk-in customers, the restaurant also caters for Private/Corporate events. With something for all budgets, ARIRANG KOREAN BBQ & CAFE caters the best possible package according to your needs. It is one perfect place to host your company dinner or event!

One thing that I don't like whenever I dine in a Korean BBQ restaurant is the BBQ smell which sticks on the hair and clothes after the whole session. Surprisingly, the ventilation here is quite good and I was left with very minimal charred smell - still smelling my perfume! LOL...













The business hours starts daily from 11.00am till 11.45pm. If you do not know, all food served in SOJU Sunway are from the same kitchen. 

How could I missed out trying the Makgeolli? At ARIRANG KOREAN BBQ & CAFE, the Makgeolli is fully imported by the restaurant from Korea. It is served traditionally, using tin bowls or known as Yangeun-makgeollijan (์–‘์€๋ง‰๊ฑธ๋ฆฌ์ž”).

If you do not know what is Makgeolli (๋ง‰๊ฑธ๋ฆฌ), it is a Korean Rice Wine traditionally made from rice and it has a milky, off-white color and sweetness, and is about 6 - 8% alcohol volume. 

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Makgeolli (๋ง‰๊ฑธ๋ฆฌ) / Korean Rice Wine



Drinking the Korean way


Yangeun-makgeollijan (์–‘์€๋ง‰๊ฑธ๋ฆฌ์ž”)

Another favorite drink of mine would be the plum wine. Fully imported, it's something like Choya if you ever tasted it before. The wine compliment the BBQ meat so much!


HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Black Raspberry Wine

As for the beer fans, try HITE! A #1 Beer in Korea which contains 4.5% alcohol by Vol. Made with the finest select Aroma Hops for richer flavor and head.


More wine? 

Imported Korean Wine

Well, who said Korean restaurant doesn't serves German BeersThey have it all here. Now you have a better reason to stay for the Happy Hour session after a stressful day, don't you?

What would you like to have today?
(Drinking session at Arirang after ACV Party 2015 @ Sunway Surf Beach)

German Beers



Variety alcohol drinks available

Love beef and don't mind spending a little more?

Splurge on the prime Wagyu beef cuts! I can assured that you'll come back more for this. The Wagyu beef served here are air flown and guaranteed for its freshness. You will understand why Wagyu beef is considered a delicacy, once you've tastedI like it on a medium. The Wagyu beef is so tender and melted in my mouth. Gosh...one very luxury meal I had. 

Air flown Wagyu
So fresh!!

Goshh....it melts in my mouth.. SOooo delicious!

On a porky side? 

Try Samgyeopsal (์‚ผ๊ฒน์‚ด )! The Samgyeopsal consists of thick, fatty slices of pork belly meat, grilled over charcoal fire and dipped in sesame seed oil mixed with salt and pepper. I like the one without marinates. 

Samgyeopsal


Samgyeopsal

Like a little kick on that piece of grilled meat? They have it in curry flavor too!

Korean Marinated Curry Pork Belly

For those who love pork ribs, this is one to die for. The gigantic rack of ribs are slowly grilled over the charcoal fire and seasoned with pepper salt. A little time consuming, but the end product is absolutely worth the wait. 

Pork ribs (Seasonal)

More pork on a marathon. 

Goshh...you gotta have this!
Pork Belly Brisket


Wagyu Beef Steak 

Done to perfection! 

The dish that won my heart is the Tteokbokki! I love the chewy rice cakes. The sauce is so delicious with a hint of spiciness. You've gotta try this. 


HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: 
Tteokbokki 
I love this dish! 

Bibimbap

Japchae





Craving for a hearty bowl of hot soup? 

You have got to try the Beef Short Ribs soup or known as "Galbitang". The soup featured short ribs that have been simmered for hours until the meat is so tender and it falls off the bone! Don't be shy to sink your teeth on the soft rib to get those bits of meat and tendon stuck to the bone. The broth is so delicious. Very clean taste and not oily at all. 

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: 
Beef Short ribs soup / Galbitang

Haemultang

Sundubu Jiigae


Seafood Ramyeon

If you're more to snacking than having a heavy meal, ARIRANG KOREAN BBQ & CAFE also serves authentic snacks such as Tanjung Sepat fishballs! One famous delicacies loved by many. 


HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:
Tanjung Sepat Fish Ball 

I love this! Perfect snack over a couple of drink..

Another dish that I would like to recommend you to try out is the Korean Grilled Rice Balls. These rice balls are so delicious, even when you eat it on its own! This dish comes together with a pair of gloves where patrons can have some fun making rice balls. Rice are mixed with seaweed, chili flakes, kimchi, spring onion, sesame seeds & chili paste, rounded up into rice balls and grilled over the net on a charcoal fire. 









HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: 
Korean Grilled Rice Balls




A favorite in Korean bars, Spicy Grilled Squid or known as Ojingeo-tonggui (์˜ค์ง•์–ดํ†ต๊ตฌ์ด), if you've been to one, you couldn't have missed it. You don't have to go all the way to Korea just for the dish. ARIRANG KOREAN BBQ & CAFE serves this all-time-favorite too!

Huge squid marinated in a special spicy sauce, grilled to perfection and paired with makgeolli or soju. It's best when share among your family or friends; the more the merrier.



HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: 
Spicy Grilled Squid






Very refreshing salad

Haemul Pajeon / Korean Seafood Pancake & Makgeolli

What's new?
ARIRANG KOREAN BBQ & CAFE
serves extremely cheap BBQ Dinner sets from as low as RM 55 nett! I must say, it's one big meal valued for the money.




To make my dining experience better, Stephen ordered one dinner set for me to tried out. Don't be surprised, I finished the food all by myself!

Dinner Set A
BBQ Mixed Pork Set (2 pax)
RM 55 Nett only!

Pork Belly + Pork Belly Brisket + Pork Shoulder Marinate with Soya paste
Ban Chan / Side Dishes (6 types)
Steam Egg
Kimchi / Spicy Toufu Soup 





Spicy Toufu Soup / sundubu-jjigae (์ˆœ๋‘๋ถ€์ฐŒ๊ฐœ)

The Sundubu-jjigae is so delicious! It is not too spicy and came sizzling hot with very generous amount of seafood. This is one hearty bowl of soup to die for. 


Korean Steamed Egg / Gyeranjjim (๊ณ„๋ž€์ฐœ)




I had a great night here with lots of delicious food. We shifted over to SOJU Sunway after that for some drinks through the secret walkway from Arirang. I was "teleported" in to the club in less than 3 minutes! - How cool


The humble boss Stephen & I during MTV Worldstage 2015

My other check-ins at ARIRANG KOREAN BBQ & CAFE, just countless times!


During MTV World Stage 2015

During ACV Music Festival 2015



Korean style drinking at Arirang 
during my another visit


I will keep this blog update again from time to time to share with you the latest promotions available. Stay tune for more food review on ARIRANG KOREAN BBQ & CAFE



#michiebillie #ArirangKoreanRestaurant #BandarSunway #koreanfood #tteokbokki #masitsoyo #makgeolli #Samgyeopsal #delicious #์ •๋ง๋ง›์žˆ๋Š” #wagyu #beef #bbq #koreanbbq #charcoalgrill 
__

ARIRANG KOREAN BBQ & CAFE, BANDAR SUNWAY (KL)
Facebook

Address:
12, 13 & 13M, Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, 
Persiaran Lagoon Perdana,
Bandar Sunway. 

Business hours: 11.00am - 11.45pm (Daily)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#michiekitchen - WHOLE TOMATO RICE (SALMON & NORI)

Hey guys! Are you planning to try out the Whole Tomato Rice this weekend?  Let's tweak a lil' on the recipe and go Japanese - if you are a fan of Salmon & Nori ! This recipe that I'm gonna show you is so simple yet taste so good and, full of nutrition too :) 7 Health Benefits of Salmon, click here :  http://www.chatelaine.com/health/diet/seven-health-benefits-of-salmon-and-a-vitamin-rich-summer-recipe/ INGREDIENTS: (Serves 6- 8 person) 3 blocks of Fresh Salmon  Shredded Nori sheets (preferable those with sesame seeds) 1 piece fresh tomato (Large) - remove the stems 3 small cups of rice  Water (to cook rice)  * Reduce a ladle of the water amount - Tomato produces water when it cooks * SEASONINGS: Extra Virgin Olive oil Salt & Black pepper (to taste) - Reduce the salt, as Nori is salty HOW TO COOK: 1. Put rice, water, tomato & all the seasonings to the rice cooker and cook.  2. When the rice is ready, smashed the

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai