Skip to main content

#DINEWITHME: BANH MI CAFE, PUCHONG

Hola #Saturday !
It's another blog on cafe review. Let's go #Vietnamese this week.

Hidden behind Columbia Asia Hospital in Bandar Puteri Puchong, this humble cafe serves cheap and delicious Vietnamese cuisines with very authentic flavors. Neither do I know this place actually exists although I've been staying around this area for the past few years. Thanks to my dear friend, Jess who brought me here. It was indeed a good place to dine for.

BANH MI offers an Indoor and Outdoor seating. If you prefer eating out while chilling with that stick of ciggie, outdoor is your best choice. When we arrived, seats are still available. However, as the day pass, more and more customers are walking in and it's already full by 2.00 pm. 

Indoor - Air conditioned




What makes this cafe so special? The food, of course! Let's flip through the menu and see what we've got.
















Hungry already? 

We left the ordering job to my friend and waited patiently for the food to arrived. How can we missed out the Iced Milk Coffee? Nah, we don't. All the guests are served a complimentary glass of iced cold welcome drinks upon arrival. I could hardly describe how the tea tasted like, but I guess it's some sort of their local everyday drinks. Just a plain-ol' tea, with zero sugar in it.

Complimentary drinks (Left) & 
*MUST TRY*
Cafe Sua Da / Iced Milk Coffee (RM 4.00)


The Iced Milk Coffee is extremely good I must say. A thick glass of Vietnamese coffee filtered through and slowly dripped into the glass, served with a glass of condensed milk and ice. Ahh...just a heavenly glass of cold coffee. 

If you like some refreshing drinks, try their signature Tra Chanh.

Tra Chanh / Signature Iced Lime Tea (RM 3.00)

Next, here comes the food. 

Skewers, skewers and SKEWERS! I couldn't say "NO" to them. Juicy pieces of succulent meat grilled to perfection. Tender lemongrass flavored pork meat; a bite after another. Paired with the peanut chili sauce is simply delicious.

Thit Nuong / BBQ Pork Skewers (RM 3.50 / stick)


Succulent piece of grilled pork meat


Nothing beats a Vietnamese #baguette for lunch. Freshly baked baguette tucked with sliced pork terrine, fresh vegetable and herbs. Oh, one simple healthy meal. 

Banh Mi Cha Lua / Pork Terrine Baguette (RM 7.50)




Another popular dish here - Goi Cuon or known as Spring Rolls. Goi Cuon, is a Vietnamese dish traditionally consisting of pork, prawn, vegetables and other ingredients wrapped in Vietnamese banh trang / rice paper sheets.

Goi Cuon / Spring Rolls (RM 4.50 for 2 pcs)

Another highlight - Dau Ca Loc Nau Canh Chua, a Vietnamese version of Fish Soup cooked with lots of fresh vegetables and herbs. It is tangy with no fishy taste at all. One large bowl of soup that is perfect for a hot sunny day. 

Dau Ca Loc Nau Canh Chua (RM 14.50/set) comes with white rice

These four dishes are more than enough to feed 4 adults. It comes with a very huge portion for set meals. 


I'm pretty much satisfied with the food and drinks here and will definitely re-visit this cafe again the very next time. Service is quite fast and don't be surprised if a cute & pretty young Vietnamese lady serving your meals here. *GST applied*

Shades & Gladiator sandals from:

#vietnamesecuisine #wardrobe26 #michiebillie #weekendfood hunt #rockafella 


BANH MI THE VIETNAMESE BAGUETTE, PUCHONG
Address: 21, Jalan Puteri 7/9, Bandar Puteri, 47100 Puchong, Selangor.
Tel: +603- 8060 0127

Google+
Facebook





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#michiekitchen - WHOLE TOMATO RICE (SALMON & NORI)

Hey guys! Are you planning to try out the Whole Tomato Rice this weekend?  Let's tweak a lil' on the recipe and go Japanese - if you are a fan of Salmon & Nori ! This recipe that I'm gonna show you is so simple yet taste so good and, full of nutrition too :) 7 Health Benefits of Salmon, click here :  http://www.chatelaine.com/health/diet/seven-health-benefits-of-salmon-and-a-vitamin-rich-summer-recipe/ INGREDIENTS: (Serves 6- 8 person) 3 blocks of Fresh Salmon  Shredded Nori sheets (preferable those with sesame seeds) 1 piece fresh tomato (Large) - remove the stems 3 small cups of rice  Water (to cook rice)  * Reduce a ladle of the water amount - Tomato produces water when it cooks * SEASONINGS: Extra Virgin Olive oil Salt & Black pepper (to taste) - Reduce the salt, as Nori is salty HOW TO COOK: 1. Put rice, water, tomato & all the seasonings to the rice cooker and cook.  2. When the rice is ready, smashed the

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai