Skip to main content

#PARTYWITHME: THE TAVERN @ GUINNESS ANCHOR BERHAD

Another cool invitation of the year has arrived.

Yes. It's another party at the brewery! And this time, the party took place at my favorite brewery - Guinness Anchor Berhad. Unlimited refills - daymnn...Guinness, I'm on my way!


Guinness Anchor Berhad (GAB)

Guinness Anchor Berhad occupies a land area of 23.72 acres and is the first brewery in Malaysia to receive the MS 1480: 2007 Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Certification from the Ministry of Health in August 2002. In 2010, the brewery have upgraded to MS ISO 9001: 2008 .

The brewery brews Guinness, Heineken, Kilkenny, Tiger, Tiger Radler, Anchor Smooth, Anchor Strong and Anglia Shandy. GAB also imported brands like Paulaner, Strongbow, Kirin Ichiban, Smirnoff Ice, and a new member in the line, Affligem. It also produces non-alcoholic Malta.

Photo from GAB website


I still remembered the same event which was held at Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad last year and it took away half of my memory. Thinking back, it was a great night. Thanks to a best friend of mine, Mr. Eken Wong for organizing such a great party.

For Carlsberg Brewery Tour application, click HERE


Past Event - At Carlsberg Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad 


The event started at 6.00 pm on a Monday. Perhaps, I must say No Monday Blues for this week. 

We are not able to join the brewery tour like what we did at Carlsberg brewery last time, due to BREWERY TOUR only available on every Tuesday and Thursday (11.00am and 2.00pm). But, who needs a tour when the beers are already calling. 

TOUR PROGRAMME
  • Arrival of Guests at the Tavern
  • Introduction to GAB & its brands
  • Briefing on security measures
  • Brewery tour
  • Sampling of our beer at The Tavern
  • Guests Depart

If you're interested to see how your favorite beer is being brewed, 
click HERE to register.


The Tavern @ GAB


















Freshest beer experience starts here!














Without hesitating, we started our drinking session while waiting for other guests to arrive. Dinner buffet is provided as well on that night. 






GUINNESS

  • The World’s No. 1 Stout
  • An iconic brand that sells over 10 million pints daily
  • The world’s most distinctive beer, born out of determination, courage, ingenuity and passion
  • Beloved and admired the world over for its unparalleled taste and heritage
  • GAB is a 5-time winner of the Guinness League of Excellence Award

Food Pairing
  • Goes beautifully with roasted meats of any variety
  • Especially when used as a sauce
  • Good contrast for oysters and mussels
  • Works well with chocolate
Brew Style: Stout
Key Draught Ritual: Two part pour
Head of foam: 1.5cm - 2cm 
Serving Temperature: 4 - 6 degree Celsius


Affligem - New member in the line


AFFLIGEM

  • An Award-Winning Legacy Since 1074
  • A legacy of craft, discovered in 1074
  • Nearly 1,000 years of history with its recipe left unchanged, it is still pertinent to today’s tastes and lifestyles of discerning consumers
  • Its distinctive double fermentation process gives the beer a sophisticated and fruity taste, finer carbonation and shelf life
  • Brewed only in Belgium, in 1 of 22 abbeys



STRONGBOW

  • The World’s No.1 Cider
  • World’s best-selling cider
  • The sparkling nature of the product and the over ice serving ritual gives Strongbow a crisp, refreshing taste
  • Achieved 6 years of consistent growth
  • Recognized as the first drink of the evening




Opss...Mamee & Twisties are not complimentary..













Event ended at 9.30pm, some drunk and some continued party at some other place. But we all had fun and went home safely.

Special thanks to Mr. Eken Wong for the invitation.

#GAB #GABNight #DrinkingSession #michiebillie #Guinness 



GUINNESS ANCHOR BERHAD
Sungei Way Brewery Lot 1135, 
Batu 9, Jalan Klang Lama, P.O.Box 144, 
46710 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Tel: +603- 7861 4688
Fax: +603- 7861 4602 
Email: general.enquiry@gab.com.my










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai

#CHILLWITHME: MANTRA BAR & LOUNGE | BANGSAR VILLAGE II (KL)

The city's newest rooftop bar that boasts an alfresco deck with panoramic views surrounding neighbourhood and a long bar that commands your views as you walk in. MANTRA BAR & LOUNGE is the latest addition to the  casual place for one to drop by and unwind without pretension, sitting atop of Bangsar Village II .  Drawing inspiration from his years abroad in the United States, the mastermind behind the latest hot spot,  founder Jing Ng and partner Warren Saw, also his childhood friend, gives Bangsar folks a reason to rejoice. MANTRA BAR & LOUNGE  consist of both indoor and outdoor, where you can chill and lounge about with your glass of cocktail or unwinding after a long day's work. The bar is modern in design and has a cozy environment that is warm and inviting. The interior incorporated plenty of intimate alcoves, and with plush sofas, high stools as well as large beds at the balcony. To get to the bar, take the middle two lifts in Bangsar Village. MANTR