Skip to main content

#STAYFITWITHME: OVERNIGHT ROLLED OATS WITH CHIA SEEDS, BANANA, CEREALS & CHOCOLATE

 I love to EAT.

Well I know, skinny girl like me does not need any diet plans. But it doesn't mean I don't eat clean and healthy.

Eating is my favorite pass time but you could hardly see me munching on snacks, I don't know why. As most of my blogs displaying high cholesterol and a little complex cooking recipes, this time I'll make a simple yet powerful grab-and-go breakfast recipe - Overnight Rolled Oats with Chia seeds, Banana & Chocolate.

Overnight Rolled Oats with Chia seeds, Banana & Chocolate.


Steel-Cut, Rolled and Quick Oats. What's the difference?

Steel-Cut Oats:
We get steel-cut oats when the whole groat is split into several pieces. It makes a chewy, nutty-tasting porridge when simmered with water. Steel-cut oats are also sometimes called Irish oatmeal.

Rolled-Oats:
Also known as Old-Fashioned Oats. Rolled-Oats are created when oat groats are steamed and then rolled into flakes. This process stabilizes the healthy oils in the oats, so they stay fresh longer and it cook faster than whole groats or steel-cut oats. 

Quick Oats:
If you roll the oat thinner, and/or steam them longer, you create quick oats. They cook more quickly, but retain less of texture.


What about Chia Seeds
Chia is an edible seed that comes from desert plant Salvia Hispanica, a member of the mint family that grows abundantly in southern Mexico.


Salvia Hispanica


Chia Seeds

1 ounce (28 grams) serving contains (1,2):
  • Fiber:  11 grams
  • Protein: 4 grams
  • Calcium: 18% of the RDA
  • Phosphorus: 27% of the RDA
  • Magnesium: 30% of the RDA
  • Manganese: 30% of the RDA
  • Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are Omega-3s)
  • Chia seeds also contain a decent amount of Zinc, Potassium, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Vitamin B2 and Vitamin B3 (Niacin)

The benefits: 
  • Combat diabetes
  • Stock up on Omega-3
  • Plenty of Phosphorus
  • Get more Fiber
  • Pack in Protein
  • Stronger Teeth and Bones
  • Fight Belly Fat 
  • Improve Heart Health
  • Get full faster
  • Manganese for the normal functioning of the brain and proper activity of our nervous system throughout the body

Overloaded with benefits, I know. Let's get started!

INGREDIENTS:

Rolled-Oats
1 teaspoon Chia seeds
Full cream milk (You can use any milk you like)
Swiss chocolate - roughly chopped (You can replace with dark or normal milk chocolate)
Fresh banana (thinly sliced)
Cereals
Ferrero Rocher* - Optional (for Garnishing only)

Mason jars


Mason jars


Swiss chocolate

HOW TO MAKE:

1. In a mason jar, put in the rolled-oats, chia seeds, chopped Swiss chocolate and milk. 
2. I am using 1:1 part of rolled-oats and milk.
3. You may replace with Almond or Low fat milk if Full cream milk is too heavy for you.
4. Top with fresh sliced bananas. 
5. Cover with lid and leave in the fridge overnight for at least 8 hours.
6. Before consuming, top with cereals and a piece of Ferrero Rocher for extra chocolate kick.

Your breakfast is ready when you wake up the next morning! Dig in.




#healthybreakfast #diet #rolledoats #OvernightOats #ChiaSeeds #keepfit #michiebillie






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai

#CHILLWITHME: MANTRA BAR & LOUNGE | BANGSAR VILLAGE II (KL)

The city's newest rooftop bar that boasts an alfresco deck with panoramic views surrounding neighbourhood and a long bar that commands your views as you walk in. MANTRA BAR & LOUNGE is the latest addition to the  casual place for one to drop by and unwind without pretension, sitting atop of Bangsar Village II .  Drawing inspiration from his years abroad in the United States, the mastermind behind the latest hot spot,  founder Jing Ng and partner Warren Saw, also his childhood friend, gives Bangsar folks a reason to rejoice. MANTRA BAR & LOUNGE  consist of both indoor and outdoor, where you can chill and lounge about with your glass of cocktail or unwinding after a long day's work. The bar is modern in design and has a cozy environment that is warm and inviting. The interior incorporated plenty of intimate alcoves, and with plush sofas, high stools as well as large beds at the balcony. To get to the bar, take the middle two lifts in Bangsar Village. MANTR