Skip to main content

#DINEWITHME: WALNUT CAFE & BAR @ PFCC, PUCHONG (KL)

Hola Puchong!

Another new cafe has make its way to Puchong recently, and it's getting BIGGER and BOLDER! Inspired by one of the strongest wood material - Walnut, WALNUT CAFE & BAR is more than just a place for good food. Officially opened its door for business on 29th June 2015, this cafe is setting the par high; giving a whole new level in the cafe industry here in Puchong. If you ever been to Tous Les Jours Bukit Bintang, the cafe looks quite similar in terms of interior. 






Ground Floor
(View from 1st Floor)



View from 1st Floor

This is not my first visit to WALNUT CAFE & BAR and perhaps been here multiple times but did not blog about it. I am here again this round, celebrating belated birthday for a best friend of mine.

It was a wonderful Friday evening.  I made a reservation in advance as I pretty much know about the crowd condition when it gets later in the evening especially during dinner hoursI also requested the cafe to prepare some special arrangement for the birthday girl. It was kind enough for them to decorate the area with balloons. 





Birthday girl and I
Royal Milk Tea (RM 6.90)


The Birthday girl - Kelly




If you like lemongrass, you gotta try their signature drink Lemongrass White Tea. This special drink is made with freshly hand-picked lemongrass with the combination of homemade fragrance and served uniquely in a mini barrel.


Lemongrass White Tea (RM 15.90)
Served in barrel - for 2 pax


Meat Lover (RM 23.90)
Pepperoni, Beef bacon, Sausage and Mozzarella cheese




I am pretty much a fan of pepperoni when it comes to pizza. But this version which I had in WALNUT CAFE & BAR is too little and in fact, I could hardly spot the pepperoni. I wish it could be more generous - the best would be pepperoni slices laying on the pizza bed. =D


Sauteed Combination Sausage (RM 25.90)
Served with mashed potato and mix salad




The sausages was a little disappointing. We were actually expecting something more delicious than these. Perhaps, some German sausages like Brozeit's? But the mashed potato was rather huge in portion, enough to blot your tummy. 


Croque Monsieur (RM 17.00)
Served with chips & salad, toast cheddar & turkey ham, pineapple and fried egg

Based on a few reviews that I have read about the cafe, I personally did not encounter any bad experience. Everything was arranged and served nicely in a timely manner. I would like to give a compliment to one of the staff, Mr. Azahar whom provided us an excellent service and hospitality that evening. He even assisted me to surprised the birthday girl! 






The after shocked moment
Cake (RM 13.90) 



I would expect more improvement on the food in the future. Overall, the cafe is a good place to dine and chill. 

#michiebillie #walnutcafebar #PFCC #puchong #cafe #bandarputeripuchong #kellybirthdaycelebration  



__

WALNUT CAFE @ PFCC, PUCHONG (KL) 
Website
Facebook

G-10, Ground Floor, Tower 4 & 5, 
PFCC, Jalan Puteri 1/2, 
47100, Bandar Puteri Puchong, 
Puchong, Selangor.

Tel: +603- 805 26607

Instagram: #‎walnutcafebar‬











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#michiekitchen - WHOLE TOMATO RICE (SALMON & NORI)

Hey guys! Are you planning to try out the Whole Tomato Rice this weekend?  Let's tweak a lil' on the recipe and go Japanese - if you are a fan of Salmon & Nori ! This recipe that I'm gonna show you is so simple yet taste so good and, full of nutrition too :) 7 Health Benefits of Salmon, click here :  http://www.chatelaine.com/health/diet/seven-health-benefits-of-salmon-and-a-vitamin-rich-summer-recipe/ INGREDIENTS: (Serves 6- 8 person) 3 blocks of Fresh Salmon  Shredded Nori sheets (preferable those with sesame seeds) 1 piece fresh tomato (Large) - remove the stems 3 small cups of rice  Water (to cook rice)  * Reduce a ladle of the water amount - Tomato produces water when it cooks * SEASONINGS: Extra Virgin Olive oil Salt & Black pepper (to taste) - Reduce the salt, as Nori is salty HOW TO COOK: 1. Put rice, water, tomato & all the seasonings to the rice cooker and cook.  2. When the rice is ready, smashed the

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai