Skip to main content

#DINEWITHME: THAI SYOK AUTHENTIC THAI STREET FOOD, KL

"THAI"Land, here I come!
Opss..not the actual Thailand, but a restaurant that is very close to heart. 

Welcome to THAI SYOK - A restaurant that serves authentic Thai cuisines. With its first outlet in Setia Alam, now THAI SYOK make its way to the heart of Kuala Lumpur. Located at the basement of Wisma Central KL, and in between of the upcoming Four Season Hotel (under construction) the restaurant is indeed a hidden gem. Thanks to the owner and DJ WICKED aka. Hyper Lee for inviting us over for the dinner last night.


KLCC view from the signboard



We could hardly notice this restaurant from the main road as their signboard was rather hidden, but once we walked down to the basement, I was amazed by the graffiti art work by Cloakwork from Thailand. The chill-out environment makes the restaurant as a favorite choice especially by the working crowd in KLCC area and Jalan Ampang, having just been in operation for 2 months since March 2015. 

Upon arrival, we were ushered in by the friendly DJ WICKED (Champion - UBERMEN DJ Competition 2013) to our table. Having the option to choose which table we wanted, we had chosen the one that oversee the whole restaurant. Since it was already 9pm by the time we arrived and it's near to closing time, the crowd is lesser compared to usual. 

Graffiti artwork by Cloakwork  


A bench made out of old "Sampan" 












Once settled down, we did not even bother to check on the menu as we already knew that what's gonna be on the table would be the best dishes that they could offer us. So we ordered our drinks and took some photos while waiting for the food to be serve. 






Now, let's check out Chef Noi's magic behind the kitchen. 

RECOMMENDED: Pandan Wrapped Chicken @ RM 16.90 for 4 pieces)
The chicken meat is so tender and juicy


RECOMMENDED: Fish Cakes
The chef is so sweet that he had made us heart-shaped fish cakes :D


A mixed of Squid, Fish and Salad
Very refreshing taste!


Crispy Cat Fish with Mango Salad


MUST TRY: Traditional Tom Yum Seafood 
It's a love and hate between when having this awesome bowl of
tomyum soup as it is spicy but yet so delicious. 


Red Rubies and Jackfruit Ice 

If you prefer to pair your spicy Thai meal with some cold beer, Thai Syok serves alcoholic beverages as well. Check out their #ThaiSyok Special Promotion, 5 bottles of Tiger Beer at only RM 39.90.

What's more?

For all the Thai Food Lovers in KLCC area, you can now enjoy your own created meal from as low as RM 9.90 nett . Top up another RM 2.90 to enjoy that glass of ice cold Thai Milk Tea. One truly Thai dining experience in less than RM 15!  How awesome, right? You got to believe this.

Source from Thai Syok Facebook page


The overall dining was great at THAI SYOK. Try it out yourselves if you happened to be around this area. You'll love this place.

#ThaiFood #ThaiSyokKL #michiebillie #ThaiCuisines #authentic 

__

THAI SYOK AUTHENTIC THAI STREET FOOD 
No. 0.10, Basement Wisma Central,
Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: +603- 2181 8314

Opening Hours: 11.30am - 10.00pm Daily
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thaisyok



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#michiekitchen - WHOLE TOMATO RICE (SALMON & NORI)

Hey guys! Are you planning to try out the Whole Tomato Rice this weekend?  Let's tweak a lil' on the recipe and go Japanese - if you are a fan of Salmon & Nori ! This recipe that I'm gonna show you is so simple yet taste so good and, full of nutrition too :) 7 Health Benefits of Salmon, click here :  http://www.chatelaine.com/health/diet/seven-health-benefits-of-salmon-and-a-vitamin-rich-summer-recipe/ INGREDIENTS: (Serves 6- 8 person) 3 blocks of Fresh Salmon  Shredded Nori sheets (preferable those with sesame seeds) 1 piece fresh tomato (Large) - remove the stems 3 small cups of rice  Water (to cook rice)  * Reduce a ladle of the water amount - Tomato produces water when it cooks * SEASONINGS: Extra Virgin Olive oil Salt & Black pepper (to taste) - Reduce the salt, as Nori is salty HOW TO COOK: 1. Put rice, water, tomato & all the seasonings to the rice cooker and cook.  2. When the rice is ready, smashed the

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai