Skip to main content

#DINEWITHME : SANGKAYA, SS15 SUBANG JAYA

RM 10.50 for 4 mini scoops of Coconut Ice Cream? 

A bit pricey compared to Chatuchak's market huh. Yes, indeed. But hey, they must have some better things to offer for the price paid than just an ice cream- yes maybe? Let's check out what's the deal behind the ice cream label - SANGKAYA 

SANGKAYA SS15, Subang Jaya is a collaborative effort by a group of five undergraduate law students of Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) Shah Alam when they decided to venture into the ice cream business with Sangkaya founders Ivy Sangrida Kaya and John Isaac Ho


SANGKAYA SS15 is rather "special" I must say. The shop looked pretty small from the outside with few chairs lining up, a simple counter and an one-door fridge. But the adventure does not only stops here. Wait till you reveal the gem behind its hidden door. (Hey, don't be fooled by the bricks wall!).






Here at SANGKAYA SS15, they offered a simple menu with only 4 items - 2 Ice creams and 2 Beverages. As for ice cream, only two flavors available to choose from - Coconut or "Cha Yen" serves in coconut husk (only for Signature), cup or cone. As for toppings, you may create your own at the toppings bar next to the counter. 

Menu


Fresh coconut flesh in coconut husk 


Toppings Bar


At the first place we actually wanted to try the "Cha Yen" ice cream, but since this flavor does not serve in coconut husk, we ordered the SIGNATURE COCONUT ICE CREAM instead. It comes with four mini scoops of premium coconut ice cream, three all natural topping choice served on fresh coconut husk with flesh strips; priced at RM 10.50.

As for the toppings, a choice of sweet corn, kidney beans, roasted peanuts, cereal, corn flakes and chocolate sauce are available for you to choose from. We put almost everything on except for the chocolate sauce as it might be too sweet for our preference. So, here's our version of the coconut ice cream with DIY toppings. 


What may be surprising here, SANGKAYA SS15 provides an extremely cozy area for you to chill while enjoying your ice cream. One could not imagine based on their shopfront; the other beautiful sides of this shop. Behind the secret door reveals the luxury side of the ice cream parlor. Not just an ordinary ice cream shop, SANGKAYA SS15 offers coffee and mocktail as well. Oh wait, don't be surprised if you can get macaroons here as well! 

What's behind the secret door?

Once we walked in, the ambiance is very warm and inviting with LCD TVs playing on the classic Charlie Chaplin's show. There are high tables and also sofa seating cater for couples or families. Pretty cool isn't it?

The bar


Macaroons are available too :)








Although sharing is caring, an order of 4 mini scoops is only good for one person to enjoy. The ice cream might seemed generous on its amount from the photo, but it's actually not. The coconut flesh had already taken more than half of the space of the coconut husk! Oh, we want more. 

If you love coconut ice cream like we do, hop on down to SS15 to try it on yourself!

#sangkaya #SangkayaSS15 #CoconutIceCream #CoconutHusk #michiebillie

__

SANGKAYA, SS15 SUBANG JAYA 
No. 25, Jalan SS15/4B, SS15, 
47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor.
Tel: +6012- 284 1306









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#michiekitchen - WHOLE TOMATO RICE (SALMON & NORI)

Hey guys! Are you planning to try out the Whole Tomato Rice this weekend?  Let's tweak a lil' on the recipe and go Japanese - if you are a fan of Salmon & Nori ! This recipe that I'm gonna show you is so simple yet taste so good and, full of nutrition too :) 7 Health Benefits of Salmon, click here :  http://www.chatelaine.com/health/diet/seven-health-benefits-of-salmon-and-a-vitamin-rich-summer-recipe/ INGREDIENTS: (Serves 6- 8 person) 3 blocks of Fresh Salmon  Shredded Nori sheets (preferable those with sesame seeds) 1 piece fresh tomato (Large) - remove the stems 3 small cups of rice  Water (to cook rice)  * Reduce a ladle of the water amount - Tomato produces water when it cooks * SEASONINGS: Extra Virgin Olive oil Salt & Black pepper (to taste) - Reduce the salt, as Nori is salty HOW TO COOK: 1. Put rice, water, tomato & all the seasonings to the rice cooker and cook.  2. When the rice is ready, smashed the

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai