Skip to main content

#DINEWITHME: THE DECK | ROOFTOP GASTROBAR, WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Mother's Day Special Edition 

Another year of celebrating the endless love of a mother has arrived. Don't have an idea where to go this Mother's Day? Read on, because this restaurant that I will be blogging about might made it to your list when choosing the dining venue for this weekend.

I personally fell in love with this fine dining restaurant and it had became one of my favorite hang out place at this moment of time. Nothing can beat this place so far. It's the best package a restaurant can offer here in Ipoh; may it be the food, environment, service or price. Everything was at the top notch. 

Welcome to The Deck

If you had heard about the popular Pagoda brand groundnut, it's interesting for you to know that WEIL Hotel (The Deck | Rooftop Gastrobar) is managed by WEIL Resources, a member of the Thong Fook Group - the same management of Pagoda.

Located at the rooftop of WEIL HOTEL IPOH, The Deck is a sophisticated dining and drinking avenue with panoramic views. The laid back atmosphere overseeing the bustling town from the pool deck guarantees a mesmerizing dining experience. City lights in Ipoh..ahH...I heart this moment. 

I made a reservation earlier in order to get a table with the best possible view for the dinner. Yes, my surprise Mother's Day celebration for the queen of my heart could not be taken lightly. What's even more important than painting smiles on two lovely mothers on that night?

Upon arrival, we were welcomed and ushered in politely by the waitress to the slightly dim romantic atmosphere. Our table was nicely set-up with candles in the center and cutleries are arranged in order neatly. The music playing in the restaurant was very welcoming and the ambiance overseeing the view is superb.

Main Bar


Magnificent view from my table


Dining area



The Deck offers a one page Western - Fusion menu. To try out, we ordered a little bit of everything from Snacks to Main Course and Dessert.  

Great news for all wine lovers! You are entitled for a 30% off for all wines from the wine list, daily from 5pm - 9pm. But if you are not into wine, The Deck also offers 4 + 1 Half pints Draught Beer @ RM 88++ from a selection of Guinness, Tiger or Heineken. The best thing is, you can mix and match your preferred draught beers.

While waiting for the food to be served, you can enjoy the live band or snapping one or two photos for memories. You have all the reasons to be busy when you are here.



Sealed with my kisses




Mum & I


My special guests

The Deck does not provide complimentary entree like some of the fine dining restaurant does. I would have expect them to provide us a basket of bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar dipping, but too bad they don't. Even when I requested to order one, it's not available. Sad but true, I miss my Sourdough bread already :(

Deep Fried Calamari


* Recommended *
Tandoori Chicken Drummets

Juicy pieces of chicken served with mint yogurt sauce. 
(It could be better if it's boneless :D )


Fish in a bucket


The Deck Teriyaki Chicken Mini Burger


* Recommended *
Alaska White Crab Linguine Pasta

Generous portion of really fresh Alaska White Crab meat...Awesome!


* Recommended *
Chicken Ballotine

I love this dish! 
The chicken meat is so tender, mashed potato is rich and creamy & the sauce is excellent.

After our meal, I brought up a surprise for my beloved mum that made her almost teared up. Of course, I wouldn't be missing out my aunt. They both shared the joyous moment. 

Warm Ipoh White Coffee Pudding


Awww...that's loving!





If you think we are done for the night, you are wrong. The Deck is full with surprises I must say. Walk out from the restaurant to the opposite entrance for a spectacular view from the rooftop. 

Rooftop (Right building: The Deck)


The Deck entrance from rooftop


Overseeing IMiirage from the rooftop
(The colorful building on the right)










Dress from: Wardrobe26


We left the place and make our way to Movida Ipoh after that. We had one nice dining experience here at The Deck and will definitely come back again. 

#michiebillie #TheDeck #WeilHotel #gastrobar #finedining #wine #western 

__

THE DECK | ROOFTOP GASTROBAR | WEIL HOTEL IPOH
Rooftop, Weil Hotel Ipoh
292, Jalan Sultan Idris Shah, 
30000 Ipoh, Perak.
Tel: +605- 208 2228

Opening hours: 
Sunday - Thursday: 5.00pm - 12.00am
Friday - Saturday: 5.00pm - 1.00am

Website
Facebook

*Complimentary WIFI provided, and it's EXTREMELY FAST!*


Map from Weil Hotel website



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#michiekitchen - WHOLE TOMATO RICE (SALMON & NORI)

Hey guys! Are you planning to try out the Whole Tomato Rice this weekend?  Let's tweak a lil' on the recipe and go Japanese - if you are a fan of Salmon & Nori ! This recipe that I'm gonna show you is so simple yet taste so good and, full of nutrition too :) 7 Health Benefits of Salmon, click here :  http://www.chatelaine.com/health/diet/seven-health-benefits-of-salmon-and-a-vitamin-rich-summer-recipe/ INGREDIENTS: (Serves 6- 8 person) 3 blocks of Fresh Salmon  Shredded Nori sheets (preferable those with sesame seeds) 1 piece fresh tomato (Large) - remove the stems 3 small cups of rice  Water (to cook rice)  * Reduce a ladle of the water amount - Tomato produces water when it cooks * SEASONINGS: Extra Virgin Olive oil Salt & Black pepper (to taste) - Reduce the salt, as Nori is salty HOW TO COOK: 1. Put rice, water, tomato & all the seasonings to the rice cooker and cook.  2. When the rice is ready, smashed the

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai