Skip to main content

#DINEWITHME: EIGHT @ LIDO HILL, JOHOR BAHRU

Hey everyone!
Here's another blog on my marathon birthday celebration. This blog will brings you to another restaurant that I have visited during my birthday month, which took place far away from the heart of Kuala Lumpur to the southern side. I am lucky to have many friends whom spend their precious time celebrating birthday for me and each of them surprised me with new dining experience in their very own way.

One of the celebration took place at a British designed bungalow located at Lido Beach turned to a restaurant lounge - EIGHT LIDO. A place where couples remember a time when it was the most romantic spot in the city during their proposal here.


EIGHT LIDO has named itself after its location at Lido Beach combined with its house number. The restaurant has completely over-turned the perception towards what a typical Johor Bahru lounge should be. 

This sprawling mansion makes the restaurant a unique place that offers more than just dining and drinks. It is not only a desired destination for celebrations but simply to chill out. EIGHT LIDO is big on ambiance.

The sprawling mansion




The walkway to Garden Area


Outdoor


Garden Area

The restaurant caters both indoor and outdoor. You can enjoy the cool evening at the garden with a great glass of wine and the breeze of fresh air or let go of the stress and relax in a cozy ambiance inside. 








We reached quite late that night after catching a dinner somewhere else and came only for a drink. Without flipping much on the menu, I checked on the tapas lists while my dear friend in-charged for the wine order. If you are unfamiliar with the wine menu, don't worry! Mr. Prakash will assist you with your choice as he understands which wine pairs well with your order. 










I love mushrooms and I believed fans of mushrooms will too fall in love with their Champinones al ajillo. A dish made with button mushrooms sauteed in olive oil and butter garlic sauce, you will definitely mop up every delicious drop of the scrumptious sauce with the bread. 

Champinones al ajillo / Spanish Garlic Mushrooms

It was nice being seated outdoor at the garden, but I got uneasy half-time as the little friends "mr mozzies" tends to ruin the night. We left the place around 1.30am and called it a night with four cute red dots on my legs. 

Night view of Eight Lido


Overall, EIGHT LIDO is one perfect place for that special occasion or hangout with some friends over good food and wine. 

#michiebillie #eightlido #lidohill #johorbahru #winesession #eight #winebar #lounge

__

EIGHT @ LIDO HILL, JOHOR BAHRU
Facebook

8, Jalan Skudai, Straits View,
80200 Johor, Malaysia.
Tel: +607-222 7807
Email: eightlido@gmail.com

Opening Hours:

Drinks
3.00pm - 1.00am (Daily)

Dinner 
6.00pm - 12.00am (Daily)

Brunch 
9.00am - 3.00pm (Sat & Sun)











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#michiekitchen - WHOLE TOMATO RICE (SALMON & NORI)

Hey guys! Are you planning to try out the Whole Tomato Rice this weekend?  Let's tweak a lil' on the recipe and go Japanese - if you are a fan of Salmon & Nori ! This recipe that I'm gonna show you is so simple yet taste so good and, full of nutrition too :) 7 Health Benefits of Salmon, click here :  http://www.chatelaine.com/health/diet/seven-health-benefits-of-salmon-and-a-vitamin-rich-summer-recipe/ INGREDIENTS: (Serves 6- 8 person) 3 blocks of Fresh Salmon  Shredded Nori sheets (preferable those with sesame seeds) 1 piece fresh tomato (Large) - remove the stems 3 small cups of rice  Water (to cook rice)  * Reduce a ladle of the water amount - Tomato produces water when it cooks * SEASONINGS: Extra Virgin Olive oil Salt & Black pepper (to taste) - Reduce the salt, as Nori is salty HOW TO COOK: 1. Put rice, water, tomato & all the seasonings to the rice cooker and cook.  2. When the rice is ready, smashed the

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai