Skip to main content

#DINEWITHME: RIL'S BANGSAR (KL)

ALERT: Delicious steak ahead!

Birthday to me means BIG feast and more delicious food throughout the month of August or maybe...extended? Being a lucky girl, I was invited by my friends to countless birthday dinners even before my birthday took its slot. The celebration started a month ahead since July and it extended till the month of September! This blog will be another dinning experience of mine during the celebration months. 

Since I love steak so much, my girlfriend decided to pamper me with a fantastic dinner at the Best Steak House in 2012 - RIL'S BANGSAR. Located somewhere right in the middle of Jalan Telawi, same row as McDonald's, parking can be tricky though especially if you want to dine on Friday or Saturday evening. The easiest way I may suggest is probably under Bangsar Village and take a walk up to RIL'S

Dining area

Romantic ambiance with dim lights



Jess and I







Cocktail Menu

Cocktail Menu

Not only serving awesome steaks, RIL'S menu offered other recommended dishes such as Sticky Beef Short Rib, Lamb Shank Pie and Crispy Pan-Seared Chicken Casserole.  

Starters & Salads Menu

Ril's Steaks Menu

Mains, Sides and Desserts Menu


We started the night with RIL'S Signature & Special cocktails. To those who love sweet cocktail, this is the one to try out - Dr. Zach's Tiki Milk PunchA clarified milk punch, created in house through blending fresh tropical fruits, pandan-infused Cachaca, whole milk and lime juice. Filtered and aged using a solera system. 

Dr. Zach's Tiki Milk Punch (RM 40)

At first, I wanted to try out their Anejomeslice cocktail however it's not available. So I replaced with The Amber Nectar instead. It is a cocktail made from Monte Alban Mezcal as base providing smoky agave notes with a splash of house-fermented Tepache, cinnamon syrup, lime juice and top it off with lager. If you're not a fan of spices, I would suggest you not to order this. This cocktail tasted like Mojito with strong cinnamon taste. 

The Amber Nectar (RM 40)

I'm expecting more from this cocktail, however I found it average only. 
The waitress said it is a strong alcohol based cocktail but I think it's just mild; not strong. 

Before our main dishes arrived, a warm bread was served together with a combination of four flavored butter (Garlic, Basil, Tomato and Plain) - gratis.



Pink Himalayan Rock Salt & Flavored butter 

For starters, we had Red Snapper Sashimi and Lobster Bisque. The fish slices are very fresh and the pink grapefruit is a nice complement to the sashimi - adding a refreshing taste to the dish. 



Red Snapper Sashimi 
Sashimi of red snapper with pink grapefruit, coriander 
and green chili pesto, extra virgin olive oil and pink Himalayan rock salt

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Lobster Bisque (Not the actual portion size)
Classic lobster bisque, rich and smooth

It's really GOOD!
You may request the kitchen to separate the bisque into two bowls, if it's for sharing. 
Ours was divided into two portions.

Onto the mains, Jess ordered a Seared Tuna Steak because she don't consume beef nor chicken (It's so nice of her to offered me a dinner at a place she don't have much choice for food; just because I love steak...teheeee). And for my happy meal, I gave a try on the award winning steak. My choice - Australian Ribeye Grass-Fed

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Seared Tuna Steak (RM 62)
Served with fresh greens and light lemon cream

Tuna fans gonna love this dish! This huge chunk of tuna meat is so fresh & moist and was prepared medium rare. 

Jess' Seared Tuna Steak

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Australian Ribeye Grass-Fed
300g (RM 84) / 400g (RM 110)


Sauce Options:
Ril's Roasted Garlic Jus (Gratis)
Bone Marrow Gravy (RM 10)
Anchovy Butter (RM 8)
Cafe de Paris (RM 6)

Australian Ribeye Grass-Fed served with 
Roasted Garlic and Watercress Salad and Bone Marrow Gravy







Perfectly cooked - Medium rare

The steak is extremely juicy and cooked perfectly to my liking. It's well charred on the outside and still pink on the inside. The bone marrow gravy was delicious too! This dish was SUPERB (5 stars).

Just right after my delicious meal, the waiter brought a birthday cake to the table. Being surprised for another round, it made my day!

Chocolate Fondant with The Last Polka Salted Gula Melaka ice cream (RM 28)

Me and my birthday cake!


It's was one awesome dinner at RIL'S BANGSAR. The steak was so good that it won my heart. Ambiance was great too. I'll definitely comes back for more delicious steak. A special thanks to Jess for the birthday celebration this year. Muacks!

Till my very next post. :)



#michiebillie #rilsbangsar #steakhouse #delicious #juicysteak #bangsar #finedining 
__

RIL'S BANGSAR (KL) 
Website
Facebook

No. 30, Jalan Telawi 5, 
Bangsar Baru,
59100 Kuala Lumpur. 

Tel: +603-2201 3846
Email: reservation@rils.com.my 

Business hours: 
12.00pm - 3.00pm & 6.00pm - 3.00am




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#michiekitchen - WHOLE TOMATO RICE (SALMON & NORI)

Hey guys! Are you planning to try out the Whole Tomato Rice this weekend?  Let's tweak a lil' on the recipe and go Japanese - if you are a fan of Salmon & Nori ! This recipe that I'm gonna show you is so simple yet taste so good and, full of nutrition too :) 7 Health Benefits of Salmon, click here :  http://www.chatelaine.com/health/diet/seven-health-benefits-of-salmon-and-a-vitamin-rich-summer-recipe/ INGREDIENTS: (Serves 6- 8 person) 3 blocks of Fresh Salmon  Shredded Nori sheets (preferable those with sesame seeds) 1 piece fresh tomato (Large) - remove the stems 3 small cups of rice  Water (to cook rice)  * Reduce a ladle of the water amount - Tomato produces water when it cooks * SEASONINGS: Extra Virgin Olive oil Salt & Black pepper (to taste) - Reduce the salt, as Nori is salty HOW TO COOK: 1. Put rice, water, tomato & all the seasonings to the rice cooker and cook.  2. When the rice is ready, smashed the

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai