Skip to main content

#DINEWITHME: KAI'S PLATO | ENCORP STRAND, KOTA DAMANSARA (KL)

" Good friends are the greatest of all blessings. "

I could not express how lucky am I to have many good friends in life. They are irreplaceable! And of course, my birthday celebration would not complete without my team of good friends this year. So, here's my another year of birthday celebration with them at the recent most talk about seafood heaven - KAI'S PLATO



Located at the first floor above a mamak, you can easily spot the mamak's huge yellow signage from the main road . I would advice to park your car outdoor at the mamak as the basement parking tend to be a little eerie at night. 

Since it was a Pre-Arranged dinner, we got our table conveniently without having to queue. Kai's Plato is always full especially on weekends. To avoid disappointment, do make a reservation in advance. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a huge wall decorated with lots of colorful shells. The restaurant is quite huge; caters indoor and outdoor.

Wall of shells







While waiting for the food to arrived, we started off with the wine session. One thing I like about having wine here is that Kai's Plato provide chilled wine glasses when serving - in very rare occasion F&B outlets provide chilled glass especially during rush hours. And these glasses are squeaky clean too! We've tried both Red and White wine - each taste fairly good I must say. 





















Thanks for organizing the wonderful celebration for me, Ralf!








Thanks for the lovely present Ralf & Fred 


I love Thomas Sabo

Our dinner started with some munchies - Calamari Hoops, Kai's Chili Mussels and Spiky snails. 

Calamari Hoops (RM 11.90)
Deep fried tender calamari rings in signature batter




Kai's Chili Mussels (RM 10.90)
Mussels marinated in Kai's secret recipe

The mussels are fresh and taste good with the sauce!




Spiky snails (RM 12.90)
Succulent Steamed Spiky snails served with homemade "Kai's Syok-nya Chili Sauce"

I personally loves spiky snails and I can have lots of them in one time :D




Before the "Superstar" dish arrived, one of the staff came to give us a simple briefing on the dining rules. We were briefed on how to enjoy the food and also the usage of tools provided.

The policy is pretty straight forward - NO plate, NO fork nor spoon.

How to eat & enjoy Kai's Seafood Platter then?

Step 1:
When the platter arrives at your table, get ready with your cameras

How to use the tools provided? 

Bucket - to throw shells 
Tong - to pick up seafoods
Crab Cracker - to crack crab shells 

Table - serves as your plate
Yes, you heard me right! No plates or cutleries will be provided. 

Step 2:
Eat & Enjoy tier 1 seafood 

Step 3: 
Eat & Enjoy tier 2 seafood 

Step 4: 
Eat & Enjoy tier 3 seafood (In our case, there are 3 tiers of seafood)

Step 5:
Eat & Enjoy tier 4 (Seafood soup & Noodles)



KAI'S PLATTERS

Sailor Platter (2 person) - RM 126.80
Succulent steamed Mud crab, Slipper Lobster, Scallops, Mussels, Tiger Prawns, Squids, Baby Octopus, Clams, Vegetables and served with Noodles on the side

Captain Platter (4 person) - RM 245.00
Succulent steamed Mud crab, Slipper Lobster, Scallops, Mussels, Tiger Prawns, Squids, Baby Octopus, Clams, Oysters, Vegetables and served with Noodles on the side

Kai's Jumbo Platter (6 person) - RM 365.00
Succulent steamed Mud crab, Slipper Lobster, Scallops, Mussels, Tiger Prawns, Squids, Baby Octopus, Clams, Oysters, Vegetables and served with Noodles on the side

Mud crabs (seasonal item) if unavailable will be replaced by Slipper lobster, Flower crabs or other seafood items. 




Top layer: Oysters, Prawns and Scallops

My best pick would be the oysters!


Second layer: Squids, Baby Octopus, Clams, Cheese Baked Mussels & Snails





Third layer: Mud crabs & Slipper lobsters

The slipper lobsters are huge and meaty! 
To prevent chipping up your manicure, do ask the gentleman's favor to de-shell for you. 

The last layer namely the "essence" - dripped down from all the steamed seafood to the bottom of the pot which bustled with amazing flavor! It was served with noodles. Unfortunately, I am unable to snap a photo due to dirty hands. Sorry about that! After completed the seafood war,  a complimentary dessert was served to our table. 


Complimentary dessert from Kai's Plato
Mango wrapped in coconut flesh with drizzled mango sauce

After the satisfying meal, we came up to the painting session. Each of us was given a clean shell to be painted on.

My designer is working hard on it..LOL






My birthday wishes on the shells!




























That's my ugly drawing! LOL


Tadaaaaa....try to make a wild guess - who is who?

Before we called it a night, the "birthday cake" moment arrived. Thank you everyone for the great moment . 



The happy girl - ME


Thanks Gavin for the cake :D



I had a wonderful night at Kai's Plato with the companion of all my best friends. Thank you buddies for the celebration! It was a great experience dining in such a way; barely using hands with no cutleries provided. The ambiance is very welcoming and Kai's Plato is a great place to dine with a bunch of friends. The owner and staffs provided friendly services too. I will definitely comes back for more delicious seafood feast.  



#michiebillie #birthdaycelebration2015 #bestfriends #kaisplato #encorpstrand #kotadamansara #birthdayparty #seafood #delicious

__
KAI'S PLATO | ENCORP STRAND, KOTA DAMANSARA (KL)
(Facebook)

A-1F-3, Garden Office @ Encorp Strand,
No. 12, Jalan PJU 5/1, 
Kota Damansara, 
47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Tel: +6017- 283 2883

View on Google Map




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai

#CHILLWITHME: MANTRA BAR & LOUNGE | BANGSAR VILLAGE II (KL)

The city's newest rooftop bar that boasts an alfresco deck with panoramic views surrounding neighbourhood and a long bar that commands your views as you walk in. MANTRA BAR & LOUNGE is the latest addition to the  casual place for one to drop by and unwind without pretension, sitting atop of Bangsar Village II .  Drawing inspiration from his years abroad in the United States, the mastermind behind the latest hot spot,  founder Jing Ng and partner Warren Saw, also his childhood friend, gives Bangsar folks a reason to rejoice. MANTRA BAR & LOUNGE  consist of both indoor and outdoor, where you can chill and lounge about with your glass of cocktail or unwinding after a long day's work. The bar is modern in design and has a cozy environment that is warm and inviting. The interior incorporated plenty of intimate alcoves, and with plush sofas, high stools as well as large beds at the balcony. To get to the bar, take the middle two lifts in Bangsar Village. MANTR